$$ up to $1,000 sign on bonus$$
+Monthly Production Bonus
starting hourly rate $16.61 per hour (DOE)
1st shift (ends at 3:00pm*)
2nd shift (starting at 3:30pm*) + $2.00 Shift Differential
*Currently scheduling 10-hour shifts (Duration TBD)
Manufacturing Team Member
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich, a leading manufacturer of cold-formed steel framing and interior and exterior finishing products in North America, fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Manufacturing Team Member position at our [Position Location] location.
The manufacturing team member will safely set up, operate and to adjust metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, operates and adjusts metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps mill operating according to operating procedures and in good condition.
- Operates cutback saw in a safe manner and to order specifications.
- Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of obstruction.
- Performs all change overs, using appropriate tooling.
- Changes punches and shear dies.
- Performs to machine goals.
- Displays willingness and the ability to assist in training co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout JSA.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and hole spacing.
- Understands and uses appropriately a micrometer to measure thickness of the product periodically.
- Understands and performs routine checks for straightness, bow, and camber.
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance problems.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized work station
- Assists material handler with changing coils and follows reject policy on rejected steel.
- Directs, assists and trains helpers to perform necessary functions.
- Completes required paperwork to specification.