Founded in 1968, Galasso’s Bakery is an industry leader producing and distributing the highest quality bread products to our customers. Galasso’s Bakery is a full-line commercial bakery producing sourdough, sliced and French breads as well as dinner rolls, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, and specialty breads.
Galasso's Bakery is looking for experienced Maintenance Mechanics for the 3rd & 4th shifts. (3rd Shift: 11pm-730am; 4th/Swing Shift: 2 days, 2 afternoons, 1 graveyard.) May be required to work weekends and holidays. This position will work with general supervision and reports to the Maintenance Manager. This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, repair, and installation of bakery machinery, ovens, conveyors, and other bakery operating systems on five production lines. This is a Journeyman level position and can pay $26.00+ per hour based on experience.
* Troubleshooting and repair of bakery equipment, boilers, and air compressors
* Strong electrical and mechanical experience
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Must have own tools
* Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team
* Work in a safe manner
* Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Skills and Knowledge Required:
*Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing facility
* Shop tools
* Effective communication skills
* Detail oriented
* A sense of urgency
* Operation of mill, lathe, and welding equipment a plus
* High school diploma or GED required
* Trade School Certification preferred
* Basic understanding of OSHA regulations a plus
Galasso's offers a great benefits package including paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, 401k, medical, dental, vision, and life & accident insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $31.00 per hour