Founded in 1968, Galasso’s Bakery is an industry leader producing and distributing the highest quality bread products to our customers. Galasso’s Bakery is a full-line bakery producing hearth baked sourdough, sliced and French breads as well as dinner rolls, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, and specialty breads.
Galasso’s is looking for an experienced Sanitor. The position reports to the Sanitation Manager. The Sanitor is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of production equipment and the facility according to Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Dismantle, clean and reassemble assigned machinery or equipment.
- Operates cleaning equipment and tools for various cleaning purposes.
- Understands proper preparation and use of cleaning solutions.
- Understands proper storage, labeling, and security of chemicals used for cleaning.
- Follows all SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety procedures.
- Able to perform all assigned tasks independently with minimum supervision.
- Follows all rules and regulations to ensure food safety and quality.
- Communicates any food safety or equipment concern with supervision.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, work at heights up to 50 feet, climb up and down ladders, and work in confined areas and spaces with varying temperatures and humidity.
Education, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions and chemicals
- Knowledge of AIB sanitation standards preferred
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour